Y2Y Leadership Bootcamp 2019
ABOUT THE BOOTCAMP
The Y2Y Leadership Bootcamp is brought to you by the Women and Girls’ Advancement and Resources Centre under the auspices of the VOICE Innovation Lab. The program is targeted at young Nigerians and aims to empower and foster in them active citizenship, social entrepreneurship, and youth volunteerism so that they can go back to their communities to influence others. By attending this program, participants will deepen their status as key actors in Nigeria’s development targets and goals, enhance their participation in policy development as well as design and implement relevant interventions towards “The Nigeria We Want”.
WHAT YOU STAND TO GAIN
The Bootcamp will bring young people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build integrated, prosperous and peaceful youth movements. The journey will take them through an intensive, self-reflective yet fun-filled process that will enable them to become change agents. This opportunity aims to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants. Selected participants will become “Fellows” of the Voice Innovation Hub. The Leadership Bootcamp Experience is going to be a unique, exciting and collective process for the 15 youth participants who will be selected.
- Be a Nigerian between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Be available for the 5-day residential program in the 3rd week of November 2019.
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in business, civic engagement, or public service;
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
- Strong social and communication skills;
- An energetic, positive attitude;
- A demonstrated knowledge of, interest in, and professional experience in the preferred sector/track; and
- A commitment to return home and apply your leadership skills and training to benefit your community.
- Commit to a virtual meeting once every month afterwards
- Application–based screening.
- Applications will be reviewed on a roll-in basis.
- At the end of the selection period, 15 participants will be shortlisted to attend the 5-day residential Bootcamp in Abuja, Nigeria.
If you are interested in taking part in the VOICE Lab Leadership Bootcamp Experience, please click on the link below to apply. Deadline for submission of applications is 25th Oct 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.